Farmering! Farmering! Farmering!
This week taught me something new! Y Seams. And wow am I BAD at them. Faith has a nice tutorial I used and I'm pretty sure if I had just winged it myself I would have had a coronary. Do you guys know Faith? She's a popular quilter and pretty cute and has a sweet sister who went with her to Sewing Summit!
I know my block isn't perfect so I'm going to sew it again soon. I shouldn't have used that middle fabric, it's an older Japanese fabric (I think Trefle?) that is a waffle weave- think thermal shirt fabric but thin like double cotton gauze. It was a little tricky to work with! But I'm SUPER glad I gave it a try. I like this quilt because it's helping me learn new things for sure!
My blocks this week are:
Whirlwind, Homemaker (with the y seam) and Single Wedding Star. I'm up to 55 blocks! I love seeing them all stacked in a pile. It makes me feel EXCITED.
I'm thinking about switching out some of the blocks. I was exploring EQ7 this morning and saw some blocks I'd LOVE to have in my quilt but I didn't have enough to justify making the king sized quilt (that's 145 blocks!) If I swap out any blocks I'll post the foundation pdfs so if you wanted to switch out a block you could too!
Here are some Farm related things I find inspiring:
- Michelle's Quilt! So fantastic!
- Monica's Quilt! eeee!!! When I saw this I about died! I love that she says "I used the book as a guide, rather than an assignment". I'd been debating nixing some of the blocks because they are too similar to each other or just aren't inspiring to me. I figure if we are spending THIS much time on a quilt, we can make them how we want!
- Amanda's progress! I pretty much want to steal this!
- I like how bright & cheerful Elizabeth's blocks are!
- Courtney's version of Homemaker stole my heart! Does anyone have any clothes line scraps they'd like to trade with me???
- Jess's Noon & Light! So great!!!
- Brenna's Waste Not! Those birds!
- John's Attic Windows!
Have a good Wednesday!