I can't believe it's been over a month since I've blogged! Yikes! I hope you'll forgive me!
I'm recovering from surgery! I don't want to get too personal because that's not how I am but it's just going to make my life a lot more enjoyable. But the downside is I'm healing super slow and I've reached the point where I want to DO EVERYTHING but physically can DO NOTHING. So frustrating!
I spent an entire week on the couch, doing nothing but reading and knitting. I'm not going to lie, it was kind of amazing. I very rarely sit still that long and to just SIT with zero obligations felt incredible. I knit a pair of socks in 4 days! 4!!! That's amazing to type. I read soooo many books, they deserve a blog post of their own. The socks do too! And then I knit a pair of fingerless gloves. I also finished some Halloween socks but the yarn is disappointing so they don't deserve a blog post of their own. ;) But now I've reached the antsy stage, I wish I could have bottled the week of calm. I did nothing on the internet except goodreads and it felt kind of nice!
Before surgery I had a week to get things together & prepared. I finished my birthday quilt which you can see in these photos. I was SO hoping to have it completely done before surgery but I ran out of time. It worked out ok though because once I piece the back, Lindsay is going to quilt it for me! YIPPEEEE! There is something super magical about sending out a quilt top and having it come back super fancy!
Ashleigh & I have been working our butts off. We both are so crazy for Halloween & Fall, after a million hours, we decided to run TWO CLUBS. This is huge for us and it's awesome. Basically, we made a list of all of our favorite things and realized we had to go big or go home. And we went big. If you follow us on facebook you'll know that we've been sharing sneak peeks here and there, it is SO hard not to share the entire projects. Halloween Sampler is strictly Halloween and it's incredible. Skull & bat LACE BORDER. Hand dyed floss! Hand dyed fabric! It's very different than what we've done before & I love it. My floss arrived earlier this week and I can't wait to work on it.
And then! We are doing our very last season, AUTUMN! It matches the previous seasons, 25 squares of seasonal goodness but NOTHING Halloween. I love this one because Ashleigh literally crammed everything Autumn into this. Baking. Apple picking. Pumpkins galore. KNITTING (yes! That's a sock! On a blocker! With a yarn ball & a circular needle!) Woodland Creatures. Snacks. I would go as far as saying these are our two best charts to date. Seriously. I can't stop gushing about it & I'm pretty sure everyone on instagram is sick of seeing me work on it.
My birthday was last week, it was the first time I haven't made a giant event of it. I mostly slept and read. I ate 1/2 a kit kat. I watched some owls. Chop surprised me with balloons, yarn, flowers, a vacation in October...the whole shabang. He's totally a keeper, he's had the patience of a saint with me.
Here are a few things I *love* x a million:
- The Unofficial Harry Potter Knits 2013!!!! I cast on for a sweater and am currently stuck, until someone helps me I decided that this chart should be SOCKS TOO!!! Ginny's Socks!!! Chop calls them Lumpy Space Princess Socks and I'm totally into that.
- On the Adventure Time note: Ashleigh made me a MARCELINE MUG!!!! Best BFF ever!
- I bought myself this bag for my birthday. How could I not? Every October I watch the entire show, all the seasons, from start to finish.
- Also: $10 for this masterpiece? How could I not?
- I promised myself no more yarn for the rest of the year (I'm pretty pleased with how well rounded my stash is at the moment!) but after absolutely hating my Halloween striped socks, I decided I *need* high quality amazing Halloween striped socks. I've read amazing things about Desert Vista Dyeworks and ordered two skeins with my birthday money. Can you guess which ones?
- I like this guy, I think he's sort of eerie & spooky! He's not Matt Smith whom I adore and I hope he loves Clara as much as I do though.
- Have you guys seen this quilt? I know, I'm late to the party but I'm thinking about using my entire Halloween stash to make it. I can't stop thinking about it...
- New Civil Wars! What do you guys think? I love Joy, don't get me wrong but I miss John Paul's voice a lot on this album.
- I could look at this website all day long...and I often do.
Sheesh. That's a lot.
I'm going to go read & eat a pomegranate. <3