Rachel posted this fun little meme today & I thought I'd answer some questions this afternoon!
1. When do you feel happiest? I'm happiest when I'm spending time with Mr. McPorkchop. Car rides are especially my favorite. If I'm stressed or sad, he always suggests a car ride and I feel a lot better afterwards.
2. How do you take care of yourself? I sadly am not one to take very good care of myself. Today being a perfect example, I've been sewing allllll morning & afternoon and completely forgot to eat, even though I was with friends who were eating. As a result, I have a migraine from hell blooming. I have been painting my nails often...does that count? And I take my medicines every morning at the exact same time, I should get a bonus point for that!
3. Are you internally (by yourself) or externally (by others) motivated? I think I'm a little bit of both. Sometimes I have to turn off the computer & focus on what I'm working on because I find myself being overwhelmed by other peoples work, but other times I get so focused on what I'm working on that I burn myself out & love to look at other peoples work as inspiration and motivation! It goes both ways!
4. What do you do for fun? Lately I've been painting an hour a day! That's a big thing for me because I hate wasting any sort of time & I genuinely feel bad taking time for myself when there are a zillion things I need to do in a day, but I've started to realize I need a balance and painting calms me down and forces me to concentrate.
5. What intimidates you? Can I answer what *doesn't* intimidate me?! Haha. I'm very easily intimidated. Girls with perfect hair & bodies, I'm chubby & my hair is straight & a little boring! At the moment I'm intimidated by anyone who can stipple well, I've got a long way to go. Anyone who can sew a perfectly straight line too, no matter how hard I try, straight lines aren't my thing! Also anyone who can balance a zillion things at once. Oh! And 98% of the people I went to high school with, they all have fancy careers or are finishing up grad school, it intimidates me in the sense that I dropped out of college because I hated it & I don't have the sort of stability that a 9-5 offers, I think a lot of them think less of me & what I do. That's a very strange feeling, like I'm insecure and at the same time, defensive!
6. What is something you're proud of? I'm proud of how my sewing skills have grown! I'm proud of my design sense in quilting! I'm proud that instead of wasting $$$ on my last semester of college for a degree that I didn't really want anymore, I walked away to pursue my dreams, it took a lot of balls! I'm proud that I've been a vegetarian since late December & it's inspired me to cook in a completely different way! I'm proud of the fact that I can mend my husbands clothes, cook him an incredible homemade meal & keep him warm with quilts, sometimes all in one day ;)! I'm proud of my cooking skills in general! I'm proud that I can sew, knit, crochet & make cheese from scratch! I'm proud of my fabric knowledge! I'm proud of my small windowsill herb garden! I'm proud of my best friends & I'm excited when they achieve things! I'm proud of how much I read!
7. Finish this sentence. I never _____________. am content! Ever! Each day I want to do more more MORE!!!!! I want to grow more as a person each day, both emotionally and physically. But not physically in the sense that I want to get chubbier...haha! ;)
8. Favorite vacation spot. Mmm so many options! Probably San Francisco, it's my favorite city! Although I'm pretty keen on
9. Today is a (rate from 1 - 10). 8.5! I got to sew with my friends, accomplish a lot of sewing, eat the first strawberries of the season, give a birthday gift to the cutest little 5 year old but I nicked myself with my rotary cutter & have a bit of a headache...so 8.5 it is! It'll go up to 9.5 once Mr. Porkchop is home for the night!
10. Finish this sentence. If you knew me really well you'd know _____________. that I sneeze verrrry quietly, I can't handle my alcohol at all & I hate having my photo taken with a fierce passion (see both in the photo below!)
Happy Thursday friends!!!! I hope your week has been going *great!*