Yeah. I just titled a post that.
Inspired by Karyn's post; I gotta get some stuff DONE!!!
- Neptune quilt: It's been quilted TWICE now and I'm still not in love. I'm going to take the quilting out. Again. And start over.
- Wedding quilt: It's king sized so it might be going to a long arm quilter.
- Citrus Squares quilt: Ready to be basted.
- Sparkling Cider: Ready to be based.
- 7!!! mini quilts to be bound. I tried to machine sew the binding on one & it is WAY too messy so I seam ripped it this afternoon.
- 4 Seasons Coin Quilt: Totally forgot about it & I'm sure it's in a box somewhere.
- Plus I have 80s quilt blocks and 2 pinwheel samplers that I'm not that crazy about.
I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but I have a few projects I'd much rather be working on! Plus I have some custom sewing that I need to work on. And bee blocks!
You know what's killing me? Reading & Sunshine.
The fact that my kindle is currently BURSTING with good books from yahaira. I've just started reading Beautiful Creatures & I finished up The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest late last night. Wowzer, at first I had a hard time getting into it, but once it got going, I couldn't put it down!
And...my father-in-law came home with a chaise lounge. FOR ME!!! I've been spending an hour a day outside soaking up the sun in my favorite chair; thats usually when I reply to emails, update facebook, etc...but now I'm starting to work on my tan & Sunday I accidentally sat outside for a little while longer than usual and sunburned the tops of my legs...the backside? Still white. Not a flattering look. So I jokingly said I either wanted a pool to float around on or a chaise lounge. The chaise lounge won & once this rain lets up...it's going to be put to good use! Which means less time sewing. But it's summer in Gridley which means soon it will be 115 degrees in the afternoons and that means I'll want to be inside with the air conditioning turned on, lol. I'm thinking it's a give & take and it will balance out...right?!
Can anyone suggest an all natural sunscreen that smells great? ;)
A few things I'm obsessed with:
- The berries & grays!!!
- It's the end of May & this line is KILLING ME with anticipation! As a general rule I *never* buy full yards and verrrry rarely buy 1/2 yards. I have to be in LOVE with something to buy 1/2 yards...This line? I'm buying FULL yards.
- This etsy shop! I bought a tissue cozy and it is cuuuuuute!
- Mason Jar Pin Cushions!!!! I saw one in a Japanese craft magazine & made one on a whim....then it turned into I couldn't stop making them! They've been selling *so* fast; I'm shocked & so excited! There are two in stock cushions left & 3 custom listings! If you read my blog you know I have tons of cute fabric, I'd love to make a custom cushion for you!
Ok, I'm going to try & work on some custom sewing! I think I'm going to drive up to Chico in the morning & pick up some fabric & thread...exciting stuff!!!
Happy Wednesday!!! xox
P.S. I got my bike & I need to air it's tires. I am so looking forward to long bike rides this weekend if I can convince Mr. McPorkchop to join me. I realllllly want to sew panniers but if money was no object, I'd so buy a set from this place!