The Chop & I had a great weekend in Ashland, Or. It was border line painful to have to leave. Our hotel, Ashland Springs, was so cozy. Saturday night we had food from the restaurant brought up & we laid in bed & did crossword puzzles while watching old Westerns. We know how to party.
Our weekend was spent reconnecting, eating, relaxing and exploring Oregon. We went up to Medford & Crater Lake. I'd never been to Crater Lake before and wowzers, absolutely GORGEOUS. The snow! The colors of the water! The penny squishing machine! So great. I got some wonderful treasures from Prize & Fabric of Vision. I had a Dagoba bittersweet warm chocolate cake with salted caramel ice cream that just about did me in. And I washed it down with some Rogue American Amber.HEAVEN.
Right before I left I broke my macbook's power cord and just got the new one this morning in the mail. I kept trying to comment on blogs & send emails from my phone but man, what a PITA. It feels nice to have a laptop again!
A few notes:
- I got a bunch of emails over the weekend asking if I'd let latecomers into the course. And I slept on it. And decided that Star-y Log Cabin will be a permanent class. So if right now it's not within your budget or time frame, it will be available when you are ready! So if you've been thinking about joining, come on over. Ryan tweeted this weekend with "Reading week 1's inst. for @heyporkchop's Star-y Log Class. Her directions feel like I'm having a convo w/an old friend. Love her writing." That totally made me GLOW because that is 100% my GOAL!!!!
- Karyn recently blogged and took some amazing photos of the hoop travel bag I made her. I love the sampler she's working on! So great!
- People have asked if I'll be selling hoop bags and then answer is YES! Some will be quilted, some will not. I'm waiting for my 820 to come back from being fixed to list any quilted bags. I'll blog when I list some for sale :)
- Katherine made two hoop travel bags & did a seriously AWESOME job on them! Head over to her blog to check them out!
- Jeni is going to be speaking at The Sewing Summit. This pretty much made my week! Each Friday when they list their teachers, I get more and more and MORE EXCITED! So many talented ladies speaking!
I'm off to work on this weeks pdf. It's going to be SO great!!!