I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed lately. I'm trying to find an allergist locally, preparing for a craft show, trying to finish up a custom quilt, get caught up on bee blocks, work on swaps, work at the quilt shop, plus earn an income to pay my bills, get my medicine ($1,000 a month...barf) and stick a tiny bit in my savings. I need an extra ten hours in a day!
I know I can do it...or at least most of it. But it's really testing my patience right now!!!! I hate feeling behind and when I start to fall behind...the vicious cycle of catch up begins. I know I should start saying "no" more often, but I really want to please people! Super bad right?! I need to bow out of a few projects I think. Maybe do some seam ripping this weekend and add some fabrics back to my stash, I take these kinda weeks to weed out quilts and whatnot that I'm feeling "meh!" about...it's good to do some fabric gardening every now and again!
I keep finding myself SO inspired and LOVING IT but HATING lack of time! Crazy right?! I have my sewing space completely clean, my fabric collection is pretty much epic...I can't ask for more, when I sew I like the stuff I'm making, I've discovered a few palettes and techniques I've loved exploring...it's like everything is aligned...except time!
Here are a few things I'm *so* inspired by lately!
- These quilt-as-you-go-blocks! The colors, the fabric combos, everything. It's making me want to try it but I'm afraid I'd just want to make them the same as hers, lol....it's like she's using all my favorite fabrics and making my dream quilt!
- These lines of fabric!
- These coasters! holy apple cuteness!
- This quilt...is amazing! A traditional block in a modern palette!
- These colors!!! I die!
- This tote...want want want!
- Oh also, THESE colors!!!
- And my new favorite...wool batting! The loft, the softness, it's great! I'm using it in a quilt that's currently at the log arm quilter...I'm SO excited to get it back & bind it!!!! It was WAY too big for me to do myself...I think it was 86x86? huge right?! It's having aqua maple leaves quilted on it!!!
I hope your having a good week so far! <3!